- Data Architect
- Gathering and documenting data model requirements and the associated meta data from business and technical staff.
- Identifying and documenting business requirements and documenting data architecture issues.
- Development of data models using the ERwin tool; Business process development within Insurance.
- Enterprise meta data management, process modeling, and data model development and usage.
- System development lifecycle methodologies, such as waterfall and AGILE.
- Understanding data architecture and modeling practices and concepts including entity-relationship diagrams, normalization, abstraction, denormalization, dimensional modeling, and meta data modeling practices.
- Reverse engineering from databases, scripts etc. and generating physical data models and the associated DDL from logical data models.
- Developing data models for operational, transactional, and operational reporting, including the development of or interfacing with data analysis, data mapping, and data rationalization artifacts; Enforcing data modeling standards and procedures.
- Working on web technologies, application programming languages, OLTP/OLAP technologies, data strategy disciplines, relational databases, data warehouse development and Big Data solutions.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication to members of project team and project management resources, and within the department.
Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or a closely related field, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.